Hello, team Techstonez provides web services regarding website & offers other parallel services related to it. But at mean time, we also help newbies and freebies to learn about professional practices kept in mind while developing a site along with different web building techniques.
In this guide, I will let you know about how most web developers build their sites, what things they keep in mind before starting to build a website from scratch and how you can avoid expensive website builders that are often too limited for a bigger site.
Ready to launch your website in less than 42 hours? Let’s get started…
Overall Scenario; Different Web builder patfroms:
When you search in Google about Web builder you will see hundreds of different website building platforms in search result. A few (famous) are:
WordPress, Joomla, Durpal & Wix.
If you are a programmer, you know coding and you can start from bootstrap and code your website from scratch, but we don’t recommend it on mainly 3 reasons:
- Takes too much time (seriously),
- Chances of error are maximum,
- Your end result would not be as exact as you thought.
Then, how to choose the best platform that can give an efficient and stylish web preview in the end?
BuiltWith shared new statistics in 2019 according to which wordpress is the most widely used CMS for web building, Management and conversions.
1. WordPress (free) 52%
2. Wix (paid) 7%
3. Joomla (free) 4%
4. Progress Sitefinity (free) 4%
5. SquareSpace (paid) 4%
6. Weebly (paid) 2%
How People Build Websites in 2019
Here’s Why Most Developers Use WordPress to Build a Website
Unlike other website builders, WordPress is completely free.
Wordpress is easy, its flexible its gives you 100+ options for Both front end as well as backend.
For example you can adjust your front end by drag & drop functionality provided by Elementor, Divi or Wp Bakery which are plugins available inside Worpress Dashboard. Alternatively you can also optimize your website content by adding YOAST SEO Plugin that gives your feature to add Descriptions and Meta Content to every POST, PRODUCTS or pages that your website may have.
In short, it’s a best CMS for Individual Based sites, Business, corporate and multipurpose websites.
But more importantly:
• WordPress vs. HTML & CSS: Learning HTML from scratch can take 6+ months, let alone CSS and PHP. Having a basic knowledge of HTML can help you gauge things more quickly, but if you want to create a website within a day or two, learning HTML isn’t a viable option.
• WordPress vs. Website Builders: Website builders are expensive and often very limited. They are good for one-page websites, but not more.
• WordPress vs. Joomla/Drupal: WordPress is just so much more user-friendlier.
But for the beginners, I strongly suggest sticking to WordPress.
STEP 1: Buying a HOSTING & DOMAIN For Your Website
If you already purchased a domain and now purchasing a hosting from different company than you have to manually add your hosting DNS in your domain. It can be done by calling your domain hosted company and they will do on your behalf. Simply ask them to update your DNS.
In order to set up your WordPress (or any other type of website), you’re going to need two things:
- Domain Name: A web address like YourBusinessName.com
- Web Hosting: A service that connects your site to the internet (a hard drive on which your content, images, forms, videos are saved & displayed to users that will land on your site).
The technical part comes here, your domain name should be very precise and exact to your business name. Similarly your hosting should be enough to keep your large website files.
Below Video will let you know everything about Domain & Hosting.